CX5 SFIC lock cores provide security and convenience.
In addition to being easy to replace, CX5 high-security SFICs benefit from the added security of CX5 sidebar mechanisms, enhanced attack resistance, and geographically controlled keyways to prevent unauthorized duplication of keys. CX5 high-security small format interchangeable cores (SFIC) are designed to be compatible with BEST® SFIC format housings (1). NOTE: CX5 SFIC is not available with Triio technology, but Triio keys sharing the same keyway and side-pin code can operate a CX5 SFIC.
How do the SFIC locks work?
If a lock, mortise cylinder, or padlock has been manufactured to accept a SFIC, the part into which a key is inserted (often called a core or cylinder) can be replaced without disassembling the lock. The core in SFIC locks can be replaced quickly using a control key, which operates and releases a retainer that holds the core inside the lock. After sliding the core out, the control key can be used to insert a new core. SFICs allow the rekeying of multiple locks on a property quickly and are used where rekeying is regular, including offices, multi-unit housing, universities, government buildings, and more.
CX5 key technology and geographically controlled keyways prevent unauthorized duplication of keys.
- Made from high quality, precision milled, solid brass.
- Enhanced attack resistance through hardened steel pins that prevent drilling attacks.
- Multiple locking points, and specially shaped pins prevent bump and picking attacks.
- Set screw capped top pin chambers for easy pinning.
- Compatible with housings and locks designed for BEST® SFIC cores.¹
- Key and control key blanks sold separately.
- 1 Year Limited Warranty against manufacturer defects.
(1) May require minor modification – please contact CX5 customer service for details.