CX5 LFIC lock cores provide security and convenience.
In addition to being easy to replace, CX5 high-security LFICs benefit from the added security of CX5 sidebar mechanisms, enhanced attack resistance, and geographically controlled keyways to prevent unauthorized duplication of keys. The 9906 CX5 high-security large format interchangeable core (LFIC) is designed to be compatible with SCHLAGE® Format LFIC housings. NOTE: CX5 LFIC is not available with Triio technology, but Triio keys sharing the same keyway and side-pin code can operate a CX5 LFIC.
SFIC vs LFIC – What’s the Difference?
LFICs (Large Format Interchangeable Cores) function nearly identically to their SFIC (Small Format Interchangeable Core) counterparts and can be removed using a control key. As implied by their name, LFICs are larger and are not tied to a common industry-wide format. LFICs are different from brand to brand and are not interchangeable between brands.
- CX5 key technology and geographically controlled keyways prevent unauthorized duplication of keys.
- Made from high quality, precision milled, solid brass.
- Enhanced attack resistance through hardened steel pins that prevent drilling attacks.
- Multiple locking points, and specially shaped pins prevent bump and picking attacks.
- Compatible with housings and locks designed for Schlage® format LFIC cores.
- Key and control key blanks sold separately.
- 1 Year Limited Warranty against manufacturer defects.